Student Dress Code
Students in grades Pre-K-8th grade may wear shorts if they fit reasonably and if they are at or near the knee in length. Dresses must not be shorter than 4 inches above the knee. See numbers 10 and 11.
1. Attire must not be destructive to school property.
2. For health reasons, shoes must be worn.
3. Only tops designed to be worn outside of pants, shorts or skirts shall be worn in that manner.
4. Pants and skirts must be worn at the waist. No “sagging” is permitted. No holes in clothing will be allowed.
5. Head wear, hair rollers, sunglasses, bare midriffs, see-through clothing, white undergarment type shirts, bare back, halter tops, low cut blouses, tank tops, spandex shorts and cut-offs, strapless shirts or dresses are prohibited. Headbands are allowed, but students may not wear bandannas. Boys may not wear sleeveless shirts.
6. Obscene, profane language or provocative pictures on clothing or jewelry are prohibited. Language/symbols must not be offensive to others.
7. Satanic, cult or gang related or drug related symbolism in any form, including advertised or promotion of alcohol or tobacco, is prohibited.
8. Hair accents or coloring must be a natural color. (Ex. No pink, green, bright red, etc. highlights or tips).
9. Shirts, sweaters, jackets and other tops worn over leggings must be no shorter than 4” above the knee.
10. Loose fitting shorts, dresses, and skirts that are not more than 4” above the knee may be worn. All shorts must be hemmed. No other article of clothing can be worn beneath the shorts for viewing.
11. No body piercing — facial, tongue, nose, etc., except in the ears. Boys must not wear dangling earrings.
12. Principals have the discretion to adjust the dress code to fit unique situations.